Wednesday, 29 January 2014

The Fighting Fantasy Adventures of Skimflint the Small: Deathtrap Dungeon!

I just finished playing through Fighting Fantasy Book 3: Deathtrap Dungeon, by Ian Livingstone, and... lo and behold... I actually won! I got killed right at the very end of Warlock of Firetop Mountain and didn't have the right keys or whatever in Citadel of Chaos, but I beat Deathtrap Dungeon, on my second try! First time, I played as a generic barbarian warlord guy (called Grimp or something) who was pretty tough, but really unlucky. He got to the end, but didn't have the right jewels to get through the exit door.
So, undaunted, I decided to try again. Rolling a miserable 9 for skill, I compensated with an amazing 21 for stamina and 12 for luck! I immediately imagined this character being quite small but clever and agile. Hence, Skimflint the Small.
On his way through the dungeon, Skimflint got a ton of loot, helped some fellow contestants and won the final battle with only 6 stamina left, receiving the 10,000 gold piece prize.
I have decided to play through the first two books again, once again as Skimflint, with the same stats, and see how he fares. Three cheers for Skimflint!


No comments: