Wednesday, 17 July 2013

Miss Martian Redesign



Here's Miss Martian redesigned for my redux Justice League line-up.
I tend to think of the trinity (Supes, Bats and WW) as being a little lofty and hyped, so let's say that in my DC universe, they'd have their own special team/trio, called... well, let's go with 'The Trinity'. 
Perhaps they were the first three superheroes ever, but over the years they grew distant from the people they were supposed to be protecting and became either bitter, disillusioned or totalitarian. 
That's when my Justice League would come along: a team of more down-to-earth, friendly heroes, who aren't really that different from regular people aside from their gizmos/powers.
So, you're probably thinking, what the hell is Miss M doing on this regular joe/joanne team of mine?
Here's my reasoning. Every good superhero team, in my eyes, needs the following:

1 or 2 technology-based heroes (no powers)
1 or 2 human mutates (got powers in an accident)
1 or 2 aliens (born with powers).

Furthermore, of the two aliens, one should be a bruiser, and the other should be more agile.
Miss M is my JL's bruiser alien, and I've redesigned her quite a bit:
First off, she's in her natural white form. This is mainly because I thought in my reimagined universe J'onn never landed and she's the first martian we humans meet. 
Secondly she's insectoid in form: she can lift immense weights and can fly using retractable wings on her arms. I don't see her as a shape-shifter, but I'd st
ill give her mental powers (perhaps being able to influence people's minds so that they perceive her differently).

And that's all folks. Let me know what you think, and more JLredesigns coming soon!
TF

No comments: