Thursday, 14 March 2013

Superman Redesign

So yeah, I realised this morning that I hadn't drawn anything since the 1st of March.
And that's terrible.
So, I decided to put aside some time this morning and do some artistic-like stuff. Following on from my Wonder Woman redesign, I thought - as I recently did the Avengers - that I'd try my hand at the Justice League... er, again. This time, starting from the trinity. So, without further ado, Here's the Last Son of Krypton, Superman!


I tried to incorporate various aspects of Superman's character: 1) alien 2) Old-fashioned 3) Positivity.
I tried to make the costume look sort of fluid and rounded (went crazy with the swirls and lines) reflect his positive, friendly nature, as well as his alien origins. I also worked two or three more shield-shapes into the outfit (chest, upside down on the legs and the cape) without losing the original elements and colours. I tried to make the 'S' look both retro and reminiscent of the El Family 8-figure crest. I removed the trunks/briefs but replaced them with a more sash-like belt, so that all that blue is still broken up. 
And there you have it.
I have come up with some Batman sketches but they need some work. 
Stay tuned and let me know what you think in the comments!
TF

No comments: