Wednesday, 13 February 2013

Gilliam Triptych - Imagination Trilogy

As anyone who knows me will undoubtedly know, I love Terry Gilliam's films.
Specifically, his 'Imagination Trilogy': Time Bandits, Brazil and The Adventures of Baron Munchausen, which deal with the conflict between reality and dreams during childhood, adulthood and old age respectively.
These three films have always been incredibly close to my heart, and in so many ways represent and inform my changing views on the world in which we all live. As I grow older, I notice things I hadn't before, interpret things in different lights and even find myself disagreeing with some of the points the films make! They're three gifts that keep on giving and I don't think I'll ever tire of watching them.
All that said, I thought I'd draw a bit of a tribute to this unofficial trilogy: a portrait of each film's hero. Here are Kevin the Time Traveller, Sam the Romantic Hero and Munchausen the Tall Tale-Teller. 











No comments: