Thursday, 4 August 2011

A bit of inspiration

Hello Everyone!

Well, I've spent the whole day drawing pictures over a lightbox, animating some small motions little by little, and a very satisfying and cathartic experience it has been! It's been far too long since I last animated anything (ok, only a couple of months, but it felt muuuuch longer!).

So, with a large heap of drawings lying on my bed, along with several character designs and worn out pencils, I thought I'd share a short video that I first saw earlier today on cartoon brew.



The funny/great thing is that I've loved and admired Terry Gilliam and his work before I even understood what he was doing or saying. Certainly WAY before I ever became interested in animating myself. Perhaps I have already mentioned my childhood and lasting love for his 1981 film, Time Bandits, which I first saw when I was about three years old. Basically, the man and his humour (along with that of Palin, Idle, Jones, Graham and Cleese) have been a fundamental part of my life, and a great source of inspiration.

I did some drawings this morning, but my energy petered out around lunchtime.
After watching this short video, I animated non-stop for about three/four hours.

Thanks, Terry.

TF

No comments: