Sunday, 6 December 2009

Animation: Caddi come corpo morte cade...

E caddi come corpo morto cade... from Trenino Fumato on Vimeo.

The little guy fainting is Dante Alighieri, author and protagonist of the 'Divine Comedy'.
In it, particularly during his journey through hell, whenever he sees some scary shit or conveniantly needs to travel from one side of a river to the other without a bridge, he faints (and wakes up on the other side).
Whenever he faints, he uses this expression: 'E caddi come corpo morto cade...' or 'And I fell as a dead body falls'.
That's about it :-)
I'm thinking about looking for some work opportunities in animation shorts like this so I'd really appreciate feedback, good or bad. Let me know what you think in the comment box and make sure YOU survive the zombie rainbow pony war!

6 comments:

The Complicated said...

Oh man, he looks so content there at first, just strolling through hell with a little smile on his face...

3NINO said...

Yeah. Don't you just hate catholics? :-)

Meghana said...

this is really great. Lovely expressions drawn

l e d o said...

It makes sense after I read the explanation. I like it, try animating him actually saying the words.

3NINO said...

Yeah I realised later that I should have given a little info on just what the hell is going on :-D
I am thinking of animating speech at some point...

one babystep at a time though...
I'm still a virgin to animation, so be gentle :-)

Dr. Zaius said...

Ha! The sound effects punctuate the animation well. :o)